Business Planning Services
Entrepreneurs and business managers are often so preoccupied with immediate issues that they lose sight of their ultimate objectives. That’s why a business review or preparation of a strategic plan is a virtual necessity. At Flaxem, we make sure that our clients have a sound plan. We help in the following areas;
- Design a framework for decisions to secure support, and or approval.
- Provide a basis for more detailed planning.
- Explain the business to others in order to inform, motivate, and involve them.
- Assist in bench-marking, and performance monitoring.
- Stimulate change and build blocks for next plan
Our Approach to Strategic Planning
A critical review of past performance by the owners and management of a business and the preparation of a plan beyond normal budgetary horizons require a certain attitude of mind and predisposition. Some essential points which should to be observed during the review and planning process include the following issues:
- Relate to the medium term i.e. 2/4 years
- Be undertaken by owners/directors
- Focus on matters of strategic importance
- Be separated from day-to-day work
- Be realistic, detached and critical
- Distinguish between cause and effect
- Be reviewed periodically
- Be written down.
As the precursor to developing a strategic plan, it is desirable to clearly identify the current status, objectives and strategies of an existing business or the latest thinking in respect of a new venture. Correctly defined, these can be used as the basis for a critical examination to probe existing or perceived Strengths,Weaknesses, Threats and Opportunities. This then leads to strategy development covering the following issues: